a girl who creates
Friday, March 05, 2010
there's a loodle in my doodle


This week is read Across America week in celebration of Dr. Suess's birthday. The Woog had activities all week at school and today they were to come as one of his characters so, I sent her off with a wocket in her pocket. It was so cute to see little Cat in the Hats, Cindy Lou Who's, and Thing 1 and Thing 2 running around the Kindergarten hall.

We also worked on a Woogie Wednesday/Weekday/Weekend project of the Cat in the Hat. We made a Junk A Seuss-le:



As a creative person I have always loved Dr. Seuss and his weird and wacky world. I love the rhymes and his playful use of made up characters. When I was in Orlando once I saw one of his taxidermy pieces and thought they were awesome. I've always thought I would make my owe sometime with my art. I found another artist who did one here. I found a cool flickr stream with pictures from the Seuss exhibit at Fresno Metropolitan Museum:


photo via jentwo


My favorite book of his has to be The Shape of Me and Other Stuff. It was one of the books the Woog always wanted me to read her so I have it all memorized plus I love how Suess-like the simple shapes are. Amazing! What's your favorite Dr. Suess book?

Labels: , ,




*podcast interview*
What I Do
How I Got There

Twitter
Facebook


The Type Junkie
Woogie Wednesday

Creative Warm Up
Woogie Wednesday
Big and Little Art
Living the Creative Dream
Illustration For Kids Blog

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from HOLLi*. Make your own badge here.

Creative Warm Up
LinkBackLove.org
Illustration Friday
Big and Little Art
Creative Postcard Club

IFK Blog
Susan
Paula
Jannie
Claire
Anette
Jenn
Candi
Roz
Dani
Heather
Courtney
Becky
Christina
Julissa

Going all 50's
teacher gifts
Completely Broken
Ice Ornaments
Valentines Placemats
New Licensee
Custom Portfolio
Podcast Interview
Designs for Uppercase Living
Sneaky Peeks


mini links
All content is
© Holli Conger 2005-2009
Please don't steal my work!
I will have the better attorney :)