a girl who creates
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
starry night


This week, the hero of the week in the Woog's class is Vincent van Gogh, so we did a little Woogie Wednesday project to learn more about him. Starry Night is my favorite piece of his (and the Woog's too!) so we took the project outside and used sidewalk chalk to recreate the work on the deck.

In progress:



Complete:



I remember when I was in 5th grade, we did a starry night project using oil pastels and I thought it was so fun. I remember meticulously making my swirls and dashed lines.

Ironically, I was going through the pictures on my iphone the other day and found several I took while at the Met last summer. These were pretty awesome to see:




Starry Night is on display at MoMA so maybe next time I'm up that way I'll get a peek of it if it's still there.

Labels:




*podcast interview*
What I Do
How I Got There

Twitter
Facebook


The Type Junkie
Woogie Wednesday

Creative Warm Up
Woogie Wednesday
Big and Little Art
Living the Creative Dream
Illustration For Kids Blog

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from HOLLi*. Make your own badge here.

Creative Warm Up
LinkBackLove.org
Illustration Friday
Big and Little Art
Creative Postcard Club

IFK Blog
Susan
Paula
Jannie
Claire
Anette
Jenn
Candi
Roz
Dani
Heather
Courtney
Becky
Christina
Julissa

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
there's a loodle in my doodle
Going all 50's
teacher gifts
Completely Broken
Ice Ornaments
Valentines Placemats
New Licensee
Custom Portfolio
Podcast Interview


mini links
All content is
© Holli Conger 2005-2009
Please don't steal my work!
I will have the better attorney :)