a girl who creates
Thursday, August 06, 2009
8 days to go!



I've been making lunch box notes for every school day since she was three. She went to Mother's Day out twice a week, but now that she'll be going five days a week, I've got to carve out some time to make one for everyday. I usually make the notes the morning before school, but I don't think there will be time so I'll have to make them in advance. I started photographing the notes but they piled up quickly and haven't been able to shoot them individually yet (my plan is to compile a book of all the pictures, while the actually notes will stay in her keep sake box). You can see some notes here, but here are some of the notes from last year (click on the image to read the notes):




Today we collaborated on a little project. Much to the Woog's delight, they will have ice cream in the cafeteria. So, I decided that she can get ice cream every Friday. I wanted to include a little ice cream cone in her lunch box on Fridays so she would know when she could get it. No note, no ice cream. So she picked out the colors and did some stamping on the ice cream while I put everything together and added more color. I then laminated it so I can reuse it for the entire year:




Tomorrow: Art for 7 days to go!

Labels: , ,




*podcast interview*
What I Do
How I Got There

Twitter
Facebook


The Type Junkie
Woogie Wednesday

Creative Warm Up
Woogie Wednesday
Big and Little Art
Living the Creative Dream
Illustration For Kids Blog

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from HOLLi*. Make your own badge here.

Creative Warm Up
LinkBackLove.org
Illustration Friday
Big and Little Art
Creative Postcard Club

IFK Blog
Susan
Paula
Jannie
Claire
Anette
Jenn
Candi
Roz
Dani
Heather
Courtney
Becky
Christina
Julissa

9 days to go!
mornin' pickin's
Farm Entry #3
father's day gifts
Weekend Farm Life #2
Our Summer Adventure
Graduation Gift
Surtex 2009 - Day #1
SURTEX: Set-Up Day
On the way to Surtex


mini links
All content is
© Holli Conger 2005-2009
Please don't steal my work!
I will have the better attorney :)